1. Scope of this Notice.
This Notice describes Au Gallery’s privacy practices for Personal Data collected by Au Gallery’s from your use of Au Gallery’s offerings (the “Services and/or Products”) and/or the Au Gallery Website (“Website”) as well as other activities, such as if you purchase Services and/or Products from Au Gallery or on any third-party website, otherwise interact with Au Gallery and provide Personal Data, such as corresponding by email, unless such activities are covered by our other notices outlined below. Please read this Notice in full. By using our Services and/or Products or participating in other activities with Au Gallery described below, you consent to the collection, creation, sharing and use of information as described in this Notice, where consent is required by relevant law.
2. Personal Data we may collect.
The Personal Data Au Gallery collects may include:
- if you browse our Services and/or Products, either directly through our Website or through a third-party site, information systems data relating to your interaction with our websites, such as location (e.g., IP address), cookie related information (see section 7 below), usage (e.g., mouse clicks, page visits, feature usage, view time, downloads) and other information, such as language preferences;
- If you purchase Au Gallery Services and/or Products, financial or billing data such as name, address, credit card number, or bank account information.
- If you attend an Au Gallery event or pop-up (in-person or online), your attendance details;
- Information from otherwise engaging/interacting with Us via e-mail, social media, telephone, and/or our Website.
- We also maintain social medial pages and may collect Personal Data from you when you interact with these or communicate with us through our social media pages.
- If due to local COVID-19 related requirements, if you visit any of our locations, you may be required to provide information regarding your health, vaccination status, and recent travel history.
3. Third Parties.
In some instances, our Website might contain links to other third-party sites and services. When you access these other sites or services, you are leaving the Au Gallery website. Au Gallery is not responsible or liable for the activities on, security or privacy practices of, or content on third party sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements posted on each such third-party site or service.
4. Use of Personal Data.
Au Gallery may use your Personal Data for different purposes. Some purposes may include:
- We may process your Personal Data in connection with your purchases, such as to process relevant payments and refunds, if any, and to deliver the purchased products.
- When you access our Website, we may use your Personal Data to provide our Services and/or Products, content and offerings (e.g., downloads, registrations for accounts or profiles, such as an Au Gallery Account), including necessary functionality, content customization (e.g., based on what we think will interest you), and functionality to enhance ease of use (e.g., make the Website easier for you to use by not making you enter information more than once, etc.). Unless such processing is in connection with a contract or our legitimate interests, it will be on the basis of your consent.
- As with most website and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Services and/or Products and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the website, the purchases that you make, the products you view, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services and/or Products were accessed, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- We may use your Personal Data to otherwise communicate with you to manage our relationship with you, such as to manage our offerings, for customer success purposes, to contact you regarding updates to our products you may be interested in, and to run surveys and contests. Such processing will be to fulfil our contractual obligations, where necessary for our legitimate interests or, where legally required, with your consent.
- Marketing: We may use your Personal Data to contact you for marketing purposes, such as to alert you to new products/items, special offers, updated information/services from Au Gallery, and to contact you (e.g., by phone or e-mail) regarding your interest in our products and/or invite you to any Au Gallery pop-ups and events. To opt-out of marketing contact, please unsubscribe here [insert website, opt out link]
- Where you attend any of our physical locations, we may process your Personal Data to administer our premises and fulfil our legal obligations regarding health and safety, and to manage the security of our premises to ensure there is no unauthorized access. Such processing will be on the basis of our legitimate interests and/or to carry out our legal obligations.
- Au Gallery may share Personal Information and other information we collect with other third parties in connection with our marketing and business development efforts. Again, these third-party service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
5. Sharing Personal Data.
Au Gallery may share Personal Data for different purposes such as:
- With authorized Au Gallery vendors, advisors and contractors providing services on our behalf (such as a technology or professional service providers) to operate our business, Website, products and service
- Third-party networks/websites so that we can advertise on their platforms.
- We may also share Personal Data to comply with legal requirements, such as in relation to legal proceedings or investigations by governmental or law enforcement agencies, or to meet tax or other reporting requirements, including to (a) protect and defend the rights or property of Au Gallery, including the defense and management of legal claims and investigations, (b) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Website, our Au Gallery Members, or the public, and (c) as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
6. Where we may transfer Personal Data
To operate our business your Personal Data may be transferred from your country (e.g., the UK/European Economic Area) to a destination (e.g., USA) which may not be considered by relevant authorities of your country to have an equivalent level of privacy protection.
7. Cookies and Similar technologies
As is true of most websites, when you visit our Website, cookies will be placed on your device (computer, mobile or tablet). A "cookie" is a small text file that is placed on your device by websites you visit. Some of the cookies we use are strictly necessary to operate our Website. Others relate to the Website’s performance, functionality and/or to advertising. Information relating to a cookie or similar technology may include identifiers such as IP address, and information like general location, browser type and language, and internet activity such as timestamps. Au Gallery uses the following types of cookies and similar technologies on our Website:
- A. Strictly Necessary: These cookies enable the Website to function correctly and deliver the services and products you have requested. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering other websites you have visited on the internet.
- B. Functional: These cookies do things like remember your preferred language, understand your preferences and associate users to forms submitted to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms as well as improve and customize your experience on our Sites.
- C. Performance: We use third-party analytics tools to help us analyze how our Website and other electronic mediums are used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity, providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage and whether email communications are opened or left unread.
- D. Advertising: These cookies may be set on our Website by our advertising partners. They may be used to build a profile of your interests and/or show you relevant adverts on other sites.
8. Protection of Personal Data
Au Gallery takes appropriate precautions to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Such measures may include (i) using security controls such as firewalls and/or encryption, (ii) restricting Personal Data to those with a legitimate purpose in receiving/accessing it, and (iii) using data retention controls to ensure that Personal Data is not kept for longer than is necessary.
9. How long we retain Personal Data
10. Your rights relating to your Personal Data
ou may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to applicable privacy laws. For example, under the UK/EU GDPR and similar laws, you may have the right to:
- request access to and/or obtain a copy of your Personal Data;
- request corrections to your Personal Data if it is inaccurate;
- request further information about the processing of your Personal Data by Au Gallery;
- request deletion of your Personal Data that is no longer necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or does not need to be retained by Au Gallery for other legitimate purposes;
- where we process your Personal Data on the basis of consent, withdraw this consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent to Au Gallery to processing your Personal Data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place;
- request a restriction or raise an objection to the processing, sharing and/or further use of your Personal Data;
- not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"). Please note that Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our Website or other activities covered in this Notice;
- Request a transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party;
- if you feel that your request/complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, make a complaint to your relevant privacy/data protection authority; and
- not be discriminated against for exercising the above rights.
These rights will depend on which privacy/data protection laws are applicable to your Personal Data (typically, where you are resident), the type of Personal Data involved and the reason it is processed. There may be circumstances when Au Gallery is unable to accommodate requests, either wholly or in part, for reasons under local law.
11. Contact Information
For Privacy inquiries or complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Changes to this Notice
Au Gallery reserves the right to modify or update this Notice from time to time to reflect changes in technology, our practices, law and other factors impacting the collection/use of Personal Data. You are encouraged to regularly check this Notice for any updates. We may also collect, use and disclose Personal Data for other purposes otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection/processing in a supplementary notice.